I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Nathan Quiring! Thank you!
Liebster Award is an award that encourages new bloggers (like me) to continue writing. In essence I think it’s similar to the old chain emails (do they still do that?). I’m strongly against chain letters but seeing as how blogging is all about getting to know (or rather follow and read) other people and making yourself heard (or read, I should probably say), I figured I might as well have a go at it. Here’s what I was told I have to do:
1. I must answer 11 questions given to me by the person who nominated me
2. I must pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer my questions.
4. I cannot nominate the person who nominated me.
5. I must let the person I’ve nominated know they’ve been nominated.
Questions that Nathan asked:
1. If you HAD to be a character from Firefly, who would you be and why? (and if you’re answer is ‘Firefly? What the heck is Firefly?’ then that says even more about your character flaws *insert maniacal laughter here*)
I’d probably be Wash (I think that’s the name). Can’t remember his real name but he was the Firefly’s pilot. I liked the witty jokes. *SPOILER ALERT* True, they killed the character in the movie but still the character was awesome. Plus, I like the way the actor plays and I’ve come to respect his work when I get to see him.
2. What is your favorite gif OF ALL TIME!!!(no descriptions, you have to find it and insert it so we can enjoy the funnies too!)
3. Coke or Pepsi?
Neither. I prefer a local Cola product which in my opinion is better. However, if I had to choose between the two of them I’d probably say Pepsi… not happy about it, though 😛
4. If you could change ANY well-known fantasy/syfy story, be it the name of a character or the entire ending, what would you change and why?
Ok, this will sound like sacrilege and to a certain extent it feels wrong for me to say it BUT I would have loved if the Lord of the Rings didn’t have the part of Tom Bombadil. My eyes just wanted to yank themselves out of my head and run away. I know, it’s sacrilege to even dare comment against Tolkien but…
5. Where do you call home, where did you come from, which do you like better, and why?
Greek to the bone but I have spent 5 years in Scotland (studies and work). Still, it’s said that home is where your heart is. I’m still in Greece even after what’s happening in the country. That should be enough to let you understand where home is for me. Mind you, it wasn’t always like that. I have grown considerably over the last 20 years.
6. Now for an easy one! String Theory or Loop Quantum Gravity?
I’ll go with Sheldon with this one. He and I have some things in common (shocking, I know).
7. If you could do one thing for the rest of your life and be guaranteed success, what would it be?
A few years back I wouldn’t be able to tell you. I’d probably say something about businesses and investments or even my childhood dream of astrophysics. I blame my buddy who told me “why shouldn’t you try writing? They [other published writers] aren’t better than you, you know…” Perhaps the word “blame” is not the right word for this one. “Thank” is more like it. I’ve never felt better in my life than in the last year and a half.
8. What is your favorite month? Why?
All the winter ones. “Why” is redundant. It’s cold, that’s why. I love cold weather!
9. Natural hair color? Current hair color?
Black hair. I’m currently the proud owner of a pink bald pate, so after I finished with my military service I said to myself “I’ll not let my hair loss defeat me. I’ll beat it first.” My blog photo should be enough of an indicator that I won. Before I was drafted in the army though, I had long hair halfway down my back. There are photographs of me from back then but you better be willing to sell your soul to get a glimpse of them. They are few and rare (I’m not a big fan of photographs).
10. What class did you ABYSMALLY fail in school? Explain!
I remember failing miserably the exams for the Greek University but at the same time I think my family and I had already decided I should go abroad. I could be wrong. Regarding exams that I actually had a lot to lose from failing, I failed two classes, as far back as I remember (sometimes my memory is as bad as that of an amoeba). The first one was during my senior year in Geology, thanks to a very annoying Professor (who made sure half the class failed his exam and those who were going for distinction ended up on borderline failure). I wasn’t allowed to resit the exam at that level, so that sucked big times. The second was during my Masters degree for a Marketing class. I clearly remember that it was a first for me to have to resit an exam in August. Not my best moments in life, though most certainly not my worst either.
11. Have you ever blogged before?
I have a photo-blog on tumblr but I’ve never had one where I write things down and people get to read what I have to say. So this is a first for me.
And the Nominees are:
And here are the questions they have to answer:
1. How long have you been writing for?
2. What drove you into writing (blogging, short stories or novels)?
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
4. Is there anything about you that you would like to change? Why (both for yes and no, please)?
5. Write the names of 2 books (fiction or non-fiction) that you felt they left a mark on you. Explain.
6. Write the names of 5 books or movies or TV shows that you liked and would either read or watch again.
7. Do you cook? What’s your favourite dish?
8. What is your favourite quote?
9. What did you want to be when you were a child?
10. Are you a music fan? What kind of music describes you best?
11. Do you like social media or not? Why?